February 27, 2012 | by  | in News |

Ngai Tauira

Kia ora koutou katoa

I te tuatahi me mihi ki te matua nui I te rangi, nana nei nga mea katoa. Tuarua ki o tatou nei tini mate kua wehe kei tua o te arai, haere, haere, haere atu ra. No reira, apiti hono tatai hono te hunga mate ki te hunga mate. Apiti hono tatai hono te hunga ora ki te hunga ora. Tatou ma nga kanohi ora, tana koutou, tana koutou, tana koutou katoa.

On behalf of Ngai Tauira I would like to extend a big welcome to all the new students who have chosen to study here at Victoria University of Wellington. As daunting as it looks when you first walk into those lecture halls, I am confident it won’t take long to slot right into the routine of university life. There are a lot of activities and clubs that can help you to enhance your student experience so join up to something and meet lots of really interesting people. To all the returning students, welcome back. You managed to survive the year and now are back for another go. Well done.

Ngai Tauira is the Maori students association here at the university. Ngai Tauira is here to support all Maori students studying in the university. We provide both academic and pastoral support. We help celebrate special events on the Maramataka Maori and the university calendar.

With Voluntary Student Membership coming into implementation, there are no membership fees for the association. So, if you are a Maori student and would like to take part in the activities of Ngai Tauira then come to the office on Level 3, Student Union Building and sign up. Ngai Tauira will be holding a SGM in the middle of March to elect new officers for the executive of Ngai Tauira. So if you have leadership skills or the drive to help our Maori students then put yourself forward and be part of the team. Further details will be advertised soon.

No reira whanau ma,
“Whaia te iti kahurangi, ki te tuoho koe he maunga teitei”
Mauri ora

1. My Attention is Broke
  2. WHERE VIRAL DREAMS GO TO DIE
  3. Storytime: Angst, Agony, and Adorable Babies in Teen Mom YouTube