News on the March

☛ After 244 years of imperialist dialectic, Encyclopædia Britannica ends its print operations. Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales opens “special occasion” champagne and urinates on a stack of old encyclopædias.

☛ Kony 2012 video causes backlash following premiere in Northern Uganda after many of Kony’s victims perceive the 30 minute film to be a reductive analysis of the complex geo-political situation in Central Africa. Bracelet sales are yet to slow.

☛ Propelled by two states’ entire bigoted might, super-super- conservative Rick Santorum wins the Alabama and Mississippi primaries in the race for the Republican Party Presidential nomination, threatening only-mildly-conservative candidate Mitt Romney’s position as favourite. Just-one-super super-conservative candidate Newt Gingrich’s name is still Newt.

☛ Fiji’s military commander Frank Bainimarama disbands 130-year- old governing institution, the Great Council of Chiefs, without consultation with the Fijian people in pursuit of a “common and equal citizenry.” After six years as a dictator.

☛ Chinese leadership hopeful, Bo Xilai, is fired as Chongqing Communist Party leader after a controversy centreing around fears his ex- police chief had fled to defect to the capitalist American consulate. Salient was assured by officials that capitalism hasn’t won yet.

☛ A Nelson women lays a complaint with supermarket franchise Countdown after discovering a packet of vegetarian lasagne on the shelf a month past its use-by date. A week later, she is reportedly still pretty upset about the whole damn ordeal.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough