LOL News

‘Till tweet do us part

Pennsylvanian resident Mike Duerksen took live-tweeting to the next level when he shared his proposal to his girlfriend with the world in 140-character updates.

Using the hashtag #MikeProposes, Duerksen kept his followers up to date as he took his girlfriend on eight dates in eight locations over a 12-hour period, finishing up with a proposal beside a bonfire at his family home.

As well as regular updates as to the couple’s current location, Duerksen also treated fellow twits to a brief history of their relationship, including “[stalking] her for the rest of the conference”, where they first met.

Although Duerksen’s finacee is not a Twitter user, she did become concerned at his constant phone use during their date omnibus, even asking Duerksen to put away his mobile.

But still he managed to keep tweeting.

Finally, twelve hours and a few weather hiccups later, Duerksen ecstatically tweeted, “Folks, she said yes! #MikeProposes”, which earned 47 retweets and eight favourites.

Slightly creepy, quite romantic—whatever your take, let’s just hope Duerksen doesn’t do the same come childbirth.

RATINGS FOR DOGTV THROUGH THE WOOF

Television’s about to get pretty damn exciting if you have four legs, a tail, and excess body hair.

Following a successful two-month trial in California, a cable channel made just for dogs—creatively named DOGTV—is ready for online distribution.

Created especially for dogs that have to stay home alone during the day, the channel promises dogs “that they should never again feel alone”.

Dogs can enjoy advertising-free programming which has been especially filmed just for them. Sound, colours and camera angles are especially aimed at canines, and the channel mainly features footage of other dogs.

“They love watching other dogs being active on the screen, and other animals,” said Beke Lubeach, head of marketing.

Once DOGTV settle a distribution deal, the channel will be available to subscribers and their pooches for just $10 a month.

Woof.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this