April 23, 2012 | by  | in Opinion |

Obscure Historical Oddity Of The Week – Felix Faure

Felix Faure was a Frenchman who was blown to death. Born to humble beginnings in 1841, our Felix rose the social ranks as a tanner and a merchant. So, thus far we have obscurity and history: an excellent start. At the age of 40, he was elected to the French National Assembly on the basis of somehow now knowing a whole lot of shit about economics, railways and the navy. By 1895, due to continually exhibiting the virtue of being “inoffensive”, Felix had been thrust into the omnipotent role of President of the Republic. But then, four years later, our hero’s moment of forgotten glory came. One fine eve, he was being fellated by a woman twenty years his younger when–suddenly–he was snatched by the talons of apoplexy and promptly expired. As if we needed any more proof that being left-wing gets you laid.

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,