Future Events Of The Week

This week in 2051, the final survivors of the Timaru T-virus outbreak defeat the remnants of their undead foes. Of ten left alive, eight will suffer from documented post-traumatic stress disorder, while the other two sign billion-dollar video game deals.

This week in 2132, androids achieve full citizenship rights in the Confederation of Australia and New Zealand, affording them equal status with humans, cyborgs and dolphins. Androids will have to wait another thirty years to be granted the right to marry.

This week in 2250, humankind finally discovers the secret to immortality, and in a blind panic, mass forced sterilisation results as the “only reasonable solution” to impending overpopulation crises. Days later, billions regret their decisions.

This week in 2411, humankind finally returns to the moon as cost-efficient space travel is finally made possible by the advent of ‘super-uranium’. Heirs to centuries-old lunar property estates become suddenly wealthy.

This week in 3025, galactic ACT Party leadership council accepts proof of global warming, nearly one thousand years
after Earth has been twice rendered uninhabitable.

10. Cuts From the Deep: Lucille Bogan