LOL News

Massey gets tits out for the boys

Massey University made a boob of itself last week when it posted an illustration on its website that bore a striking resemblance to a large breast.

The picture, which appeared in the banner on the top of the University’s website, depicted a young girl reading with her legs crossed. Due to the phenomenon of forced perspective and some awkward cropping however, her knee, which is a lot closer to the viewer than the rest of her body, looked a lot more like her breast.

The University was first alerted to the problem when Massey’s student association president Ben Thorpe posted a screenshot and the message “Uhhhh… boob?” on the university’s Facebook page. The post had received 126 likes when Salient went to print, and led to an entertaining interaction between Thorpe and the university.

From initially protesting “No! Leg!”, the university eventually conceded that they had lost on this issue.

“Right. We’re not saying anything further, other than this: it in no way looks like any boob, breast, etc. that ever existed… because IT IS A LEG however, the masses have spoken.”

The controversial advertisement has since been removed.

1. Uther Dean says:

Googling to find the banner in question is a NSFW minefield.

1. Token Cripple: You’re totally messing with my cripple aura, dood.
  2. You Are Not Your Illness
  3. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  4. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  5. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  6. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  7. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  8. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  10. Uni Council Corner

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this