LOL News

SOMEONE REALLY WANTS TO GO TO LAW SCHOOL—GIRLFRIEND, IT AIN’T WORTH THE PAIN

Australian university student Rose Ashton-Weir has taken legal action against her former high school because she failed to attain grades high enough to allow her entry into law school.

Ashton-Weir, who is currently enrolled in a double degree in arts and sciences, claims that it’s because of the inadequate academic support provided by Geelong Grammar that she failed to attain the necessary grades.

The school’s lawyer claims that Ashton-Weir often failed to turn up to classes and hand in work. She left the school to live with her mother after contracting glandular fever.

Although Ashton-Weir’s grades bar her from entry into the University of Sydney’s school of law, she would still be able to study law at a less prestigious institution. Or indeed, in New Zealand, where a simple pass is all you need to become a Grant Morris protege.

In addition, Ashton-Weir’s mother is seeking $450,000 in damages for lost income from her chocolate-flavoured fortune cookie business, which she stopped in order to care for her daughter once Ashton-Weir left Geelong Grammar.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos