The Week That Wasn’t

At an Aro Street flat meeting on Thursday flatmate Aaron McCoy announced that the flat would have to take austerity measures if it wished to not be “totally fucking broke” by next week according to a Salient reporter who happened to be present.

He added that he was sick of the “random ass” bottles of coke zero he helped pay for but did not drink.

“What? No Coke Zero?” asked flatmates Taylor Jennings and Eliza Henricks tentatively.

“Zero Coke Zero.” explained McCoy.

“But we’ll have zero hope with zero Coke zero.”

Jenning and Henricks went on to express their frustration that McCoy’s money saving initiatives did not address the flat’s fundamental problems, “like the fog in the lounge and shit”.

A Salient reporter can confirm the Aro Street lounge does indeed gather fog. Seriously, there needs to be a dehumidifier in there or something. This isn’t news. Just… wow.

McCoy responded by reminding Jennings and Henricks that they both still owed him $20. “Why don’t you consider pay said that debt first, huh?” he said while attempting a tone of joviality.

“It’s like he expects us to pay him back for all the cash we borrow. Does he want us to move out?” Said Henricks after McCoy had retired to his room.

Henricks then marched down the hallway towards McCoy’s room yelling “debt! debt! debt!” Jennings reckons it was more of a walk and McCoy thought Henricks was yelling “dick”.

“Stop calling me a dick, bitch.” said McCoy after he emerged during the protest.

“I’m saying debt not dick, you dick.”

“Oh, you mean the debt you owe me? That’d be great thanks.” All attempts at casual merryness had gone.

The Salient reporter and Jennings looked on awkwardly.

“I might be angrier if there was more in it for me,” Jennings said “A free sausage might do the trick.”

1. Turns out there wasn’t a bomb LOL
  2. IDF soldiers speak on campus
  3. Why I voted for fee rises
  4. Fuck the Establishment
  5. Facebook upset over fee rises
  6. Hack Like Nobody’s Watching
  7. The Ian Curtis Memorial Wall, Wallace Street: An Investigation
  8. Why I Hate Baby Boomers
  9. Foibles of a Foxton Forger
  10. Coppers Become Croppers

In the Shadow of the Kowloon Walled City

: At its peak, the Kowloon Walled City was home to 33,000 people in just two hectares of land—a hastily put together conglomerate of tiny apartments, one of top of the other, caged balconies slapped onto the sides and connected through a labyrinth of damp, dark corridors.