June 5, 2012 | by  | in Opinion |

Ngai Tauira

Tri 1 Study Wananga

• June 11th-13th 2012 (First week of study break and exams)
  • An initiative for Maori and Pasifika students at Vic.
  • Register now–Spaces are limited!

It’s that time of Trimester again. So pack your books, bring your notes and join us for three days of food, friends, support, and getting ready to hit those exams!

Informal study spaces will be available at 14 Kelburn Parade (Te Pūtahi Atawhai office) – with computers, free wi-fi, kai, tea and coffee. These spaces are available to everyone who is focused on studying for their exams.

Formal study sessions are running in Student Union Building Meeting Rooms 217 & 218. Academic Staff and mentors will cover the main 100 level FCom and FHSS courses. If you are keen to attend either as a mentor or a student of these papers, check out the Te Pūtahi Atawhai Facebook page for a timetable and contact one of these people to sign up:

• peta-maria.harris@vuw.ac.nz or 436 4709
  • garth.wieser@vuw.ac.nz or 463 5304
  • jenny.taotua@vuw.ac.nz or 463 5842

Brought to you by Ngai Tauira, Pasific Students’ Council & Loto Aho in conjunction with Te Pūtahi Atawhai.

TE AO MARAMA

Every year Ngāi Tauira and Salient publish Te Ao Mārama, a Māori edition of Salient. Ngāi Tauira are currently looking for tauira interested in contributing to this years edition, due to come out in Trimester Two. Ideally, articles will be written in Māori, however, the focus will be on Māori issues and whakaaro. If you would like to contribute to this kaupapa, please contact Joanna Morgan at joanna. morgan@vuw.ac.nz