June 5, 2012 | by  | in Opinion |

VUWSA Presidential Address

Oh Week 12, talk about a love-hate relationship. On one hand it’s mere days until the lectures finish, the final assignments are handed in and the all-nighters stop (at least for the next couple of weeks). On the other hand, the anxiety-ridden, sleepless nights that get you to 5pm on Friday are not enjoyable. And that’s not to mention the exams just around the corner!

If you do have an hour to kill next week/need a decent procrastination excuse, VUWSA will be hosting a Student Representative Council meeting to discuss the 2012 Budget. You can catch us in SU217 on Wednesday at 12pm.

We are going to be breaking down what the Budget means for students, and also what it means for institutions —and how that might impact students in the future. We are really keen to hear about what these changes are going to mean for you—pop along, hear what it’s all about and let us know how these changes are going to impact you.

And speaking of getting involved, I am very happy to report that Stress Free Study Week breakfasts are back for 2012. This year we are partnering up with VUW to bring you another Study Week full of delicious breakfast-ey goodness.

During Study Week (Monday 11th – Friday 15th June), you can catch us between 8 and 10am at the Student Union Building Atrium at Kelburn, Rutherford House foyer at Pipitea and in the Common Room at Te Aro. Keep checking our Facebook and website for further information.

And finally, to SBK, all the best for life post-Salient. Though I don’t know how you are going to function without VUWSA Exec meetings—pretty sure they were the highlight of your month. <3

All the best for Week 12. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON! See y’all at Stress Free Study Week breakfasts!

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos