News On The March

In Syria, a rebel bomb strike rips through a high-level government security meeting, killing three top officials including the Dark Lord Assad’s brother-in-law. The Dark Lord responds: “You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor. Take her away!”

In London, in a vain attempt to boost revenue Olympic officials invest in 270 officers to police unauthorised attempts at advertising during the games known as ambush marketing. Salient’s latest viral marketing idea returns to drawing board.

In Queensland, a previously undiscovered rare species of horsefly has been named scaptia beyonceae, in honour of Her Majesty, Beyonce Knowles. The “unique dense golden hairs on the fly’s abdomen” were reminiscent of the performer Bryan Lessard, the scientist responsible explained, breathing heavily.

In America, aid to Hilary Clinton, Huma Abedin, is accused by Republicans of conspiring with the evil Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt to subvert US foreign policy. In a very un-Republican act of reason, John McCain crosses the floor to defend Abedin.

Behind the Korean Curtain, a powerful army chief of the old-guard, Ri Yong-ho, has been replaced by relative new-comer Hyon Yong- chol in what has been described as a “purge”—the latest in a series of progressively unfunny events since the passing of Kim Jong-il. The world awaits the invent of cryogenics and the resumption of the Kim Jong-il Looking At Things’ tumblr.

In Manawatu, a 57-year-old man named Rob, is pursued by police at 130km/h down Pahiatua-Pongaroa Road before pulling over and spitting a large volume of marijuana onto the passenger seat of his vehicle. Rob claims the buds are to “ease my toothache”, but Judge Atkins decrees it: “pretty silly.”

1. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  2. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  3. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  4. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  5. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  6. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands
  7. VUW to Begin Kelburn Liquor Ban Consultation
  8. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  9. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  10. I Lift My Eyes
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos