A Hall Is Born

Hasn’t anyone seen Hostel Part II?

A new fully catered hall of residence for Victoria University is due to open in 2013. A 14-storey office block on Boulcott Street which has been vacant since last year, will be converted into the 180-bed hostel.

In 2011, there were a total 2600 beds available in Victoria’s halls of residences, for which there were over 4800 applications.

“Students… are looking for quality accommodation,” said Vice-Chancellor
Pat Walsh, “with the introduction of Joan Stevens Hall on the Terrace last year, the recent development of Te Puni Village, and now this new complex, we are ensuring we continue to meet this need.”

The building will receive a “major facelift” says McKee Fehl Constructors managing director Maurice Clark. He ran a similar project last year when Randstad House on The Terrace was converted into Joan Stevens Hall.

The hall will be run in much the same manner as other halls, and Victoria will be leasing the building as it does with several hostels, including Joan Stevens, Director of Campus Services Jenny Bentley said.

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip