Eye On Exec

ELEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN

Mercifully, last week’s executive meeting lasted only 11 minutes and began with some conversational discrimination against Hamilton.

“Waikato University is kind of strange,” observed Vice-President (Academic) Josh Wright.

“It is strange! When I was at school, we had to be bribed to go to the Waikato promotional speech,” said Women’s Officer Sara Bishop.

The executive then discussed the Food Service Provision and Wright asked the room for suggestions on what food facilities VUWSA should be providing next year. These facilities would be places where students could make their own food, rather than buying it, he said.

Wright suggested an creating an area with several microwaves and kettles near the VUWSA offices, which will be moving into the the space Vic Books currently occupies.

The only microwaves currently available to students are in the Kirk Cyber Lounge, an area described by Wright as “pretty dingy”.

“I love going there at night time,” said President Bridie Hood.

The executive then moved in to committee to discuss issues of “commercial sensitivity”, on which Salient cannot report.

“VUWSA is run by pandas,” said Wright. And then the meeting ended.

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,