LOL-ympics News

IT DOESN’T COST A THING TO SMILE…

A British man was detained by police last week for not looking happy enough at the Olympic Games.
Mark Worsfold was arrested before the men’s cycling road race when officers thought he might breach the peace. While police said the arrest was made for a number of reasons, Worsford says that most of the police questions related to why he was not visibly enjoying himself.

Worsford, who suffers from Parksinson’s disease, has difficulty smiling due to facial muscle rigidity caused by the disease.
And the gold medal for major fuck-up goes to…

DARWIN’S DREAM

While most practise the Olympic sport of Crotch Watching from the comfort of our own homes, Olympic athletes are getting it on, with everyone, all of the time.

A number of athletes have come clean about the dirty deeds that go down at the games. One athlete even went as far as describing the Olympics as “a magical, fairy-tale place.” “You could win a gold medal and you can sleep with a really hot guy.”

According to US swimmer Ryan Lochte, 70- 75 per cent of the athletes are in on the fun. Since the Sydney Olympics in 2000, when 70,000 condoms simply weren’t enough, there has been a standard order of 100,000 in place for every games.

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this