VUWSA Presidential Address

If you ever have the opportunity to represent a group of people then you’ll learn quickly that a key aspect of this job is to make yourself available to the people you represent.

There are a number of ways to do this, but a pretty obvious one is to pull yourself away from work in the office and get back on campus so students can talk to you.

At VUWSA we are committed to ensuring that we have effective communication with out members and students. That’s why I go to the new ‘Student Services Pop-Up- Shop’ in the Cotton Building twice a week from 3-4pm on Tuesdays and 10-11am on Thursdays.

If you haven’t worked out where this is, then it’s that room in Cotton with the blue Tardis door. If that means nothing to you, then it’s that room in the Cotton Building with the blue door, formerly the computer store.

It’s really relaxed and casual, nothing too formal. We have a good chat and sort things out.

You can ask me questions about my job, your executive, VUWSA, what it’s up to, our services, or even the odd question about life or that essay you’re working on. In turn, I may need you to work as a bit of a sounding board for some of the issues I’m working on in the University.

There are also other Student Services that have weekly ‘pop-up’ times like Vic Careers, Recreation Services and Student Financial Support and Advice. You can find out more about who will be where, when on the timetable outside the shop.

Finally, just a reminder that we are holding Governance Review Forums this week across all 4 VUW campuses. This is your chance to come and talk to the Working Party about the review and ask any questions about the Final Report or recommendations.

Kelburn: Monday 13th August 10-11am, SU216 (Clubs Lounge) & Thursday 16th August 2-3pm, SU216 (Clubs Lounge),

Pipitea: Tuesday 14th August, 10.30am – 11.30am VUWSA Pipitea Office, GB08

Te Aro: Wednesday 15th August 3pm – 4pm, Te Aro Student Common Room

Karori: Friday 17th August 11am – 12pm, Karori Student Common Room

All the best for the week and I hope to see some of you at the Governance Review Forums!

<3 Bridie

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties