The Week That Wasn’t

GIACOMO CASANOVA’S ESCAPADES LABELLED “FAKE AND GAY” BY VENETIAN CONFESSION BOARDS.

A recently discovered lost chapter of Giacomo Casanova’s memoir Story of My Life reveals the angst and frustration he felt when he began posting the first drafts of his book to the Venetian Confession boards.

“The days are growing long and I am becoming despondent and withdrawn,” says Casanova in chapter four.

“I don’t know if I can any longer deal with the accusations that the stories of my sexual escapades are ‘fake and gay’.”

Several boards are believed to have lined the city’s canals during the 18th century, providing a breeding-ground for discussion and culture.

Casanova’s first sexual escapades began after he became a regular contributor to Venezia Cupido boards in St Mark’s Square.

“Dear Henriette, how I want to tear off your ruffle, rip open your low-necked gown, corset, panniers, pannier pockets, petticoat, stockings and chemise and throw away your powdered wig, all in the heat of the moment,” says one comment, believed to have been written by the seducer.

“Dear man behind the mask,” replied Henriette after someone had written down her name on a piece of paper and pinned it adjacent to the original post so she would know it had been written about her.

“I could only see your eyes, but if its you then I’d love to paddle your gondola and masquerade you all night,” she continued.

Casanova spent the last few years of his life as a librarian, but it is thought he died before he could recount the many disgusting and filthy things he for some reason wanted everyone else to know about.

The discovery of the lost chapter came only weeks after historians announced the discovery of a similar set of documents containing what appears to be a confession board dating back to 16th century England.

“Sometimes I divorce and behead my wives just for fun lol, then I marry another and promise them I won’t do the same thing… but I do… ps, no longer catholic AWKS,” said one man.

“Anon plz.”

10. Cuts From the Deep: Lucille Bogan