Treat Of The Week: The Ice Block

Now that Old Man Winter is on his way out for another year, it’s time to look ahead to the gaiety of summer, and with it the appreciation of icy refreshments to come. The ice block, or ‘iceblock’ as it is more commonly known, is a literal frozen chunk of liquid. This liquid can be any number of different substances ranging from lemonade to whatever Fruju is. A favourite with children across the land, iceblocks have the tactical advantage of being easy to make in your own home, as long as you have a specialised tray and plenty of sticks. The sticks themselves are worthy of a mention, being particularly useful in all kinds of craft activities. There exist many variations of the common iceblock, the most popular of which being ice cream on a stick, shaped deceptively like a classic iceblock and coming in an equal variety of flavours, such as ‘chocolate’, ‘vanilla’ and most outrageously, ‘rainbow’! I think we can all expect a revolution of the proletariat based on that particular classification of an aesthetic as a flavour!

1. You Are Not Your Illness
  2. Let Me at The Bachelor, and Other Shit Chat
  3. Lost in the Sauce – Avo-no you didn’t
  4. Mauri Ora – Winter’s Comin’
  5. Token Cripple – How To Survive Your First Year at University (with a disabled twist!)
  6. Dream Diagnosis – Fire in Wellington
  7. Liquid Knowledge – Animal farts and performative veganism
  9. Uni Council Corner
  10. Dylan Horrocks gets new job

He Tāonga

:   I wanted to write this piece, in order to connect to all tauira within the University, with the hope that we can all remind ourselves that we are a part of an environment which is valuable, no matter our culture, our beliefs or our skin colour. The ultimate purpose of this