Treat Of The Week: The Ice Block

Now that Old Man Winter is on his way out for another year, it’s time to look ahead to the gaiety of summer, and with it the appreciation of icy refreshments to come. The ice block, or ‘iceblock’ as it is more commonly known, is a literal frozen chunk of liquid. This liquid can be any number of different substances ranging from lemonade to whatever Fruju is. A favourite with children across the land, iceblocks have the tactical advantage of being easy to make in your own home, as long as you have a specialised tray and plenty of sticks. The sticks themselves are worthy of a mention, being particularly useful in all kinds of craft activities. There exist many variations of the common iceblock, the most popular of which being ice cream on a stick, shaped deceptively like a classic iceblock and coming in an equal variety of flavours, such as ‘chocolate’, ‘vanilla’ and most outrageously, ‘rainbow’! I think we can all expect a revolution of the proletariat based on that particular classification of an aesthetic as a flavour!

1. Your silent cries left unheard
  2. How it Works: On the Climate Change Response (Zero Carbon) Amendment Bill
  3. Is Vic Books Missing Out on the Living Wage Campaign?
  4. Jesus Christ Super-Nah, Saviour’s New Political Party May Need Miracle
  5. Issue 12 – Friendship
  6. SWAT: Friendship Column
  7. Inevitable Entanglement
  8. HOROSCOPE WEEK OF JUNE 3: FRIENDSHIP
  9. Liquid Knowledge: On Israel and Palestine
  10. An Ode to the Aunties