LOL News

MITT ROMNEY HAS GREAT IDEA

US Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has blown us away again with his latest big idea – to develop aeroplane windows that can be rolled down.

The comments were made following an electrical fire on board an aeroplane that his wife Ann was travelling in. Fortunately the plane was able to make an emergency landing and no one was harmed, but the incident left Romney with a some great insight.

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t
do that. It’s a real problem,” said Romney, speaking at a Beverly Hills fundraiser.

The comments inspired Scientific American to publish an article entitled ‘Why Airplane Windows Don’t Roll Down’, in which they succinctly explained that if the windows were to open, “everybody would die”.

Hours after this story had hit the headlines, claims that Romney was only “joking” began to surface. Nice try, Mitt, but that’s just seems a little too convenient – especially coming from a man who strapped his dog to the roof of his car; loves Michigan because the trees are “the right height”, and had the good sense to tell a room full of unemployed people that he too was unemployed, despite having a net worth of over $200 million.

1. There’s a New Editor
1