October 15, 2012 | by  | in Uncategorised |

LOL News

BRAZIL: THAT’S NUTS!

In Brazil, an electoral campaign in the Amazonas province has been taken to new heights (read: very high) with candidate Carme Cristina Lima’s distribution of cocaine as a voting incentive. Lima was arrested for electoral corruption and drug dealing, in relation to voters “gettin’ blackmailed, for that white girl”. While commentators maintain Lima may have blow-n her chances, Lima has maintained she was only using coke to ‘share a little happiness’.

BRITISH UNNECESSARILY POLITE (SORRY, BRITONS)

A recent study has confirmed long-held suspicions surrounding the quintessential polite nature of Britons. When physical contact is made with strangers, three-quarters of British citizens will apologise even when they are the bumpee. Researchers hold

that this mild-mannered timidness is also thought to be responsible for other British archetypical traits including queueing, tea, and scones.

LAID UP—IN THE LIBRARY, APPARENTLY.

Often envied for their academic prowess, Cambridge University students have been the subject of ridicule this week when it
was revealed that only 60 condoms are provided per student, per week. While low libido is indeed a dire medical condition and should not be made light of, Salient is left to wonder—60? Is that all!?

UNLUCKY IN KENTUCKY

While the placement of this story in LOL News may bemuse the novice reader, there is a certain romance to the headline ‘Man fires shots into crowd to impress girl’. In a second effort to prove he could discharge effectively, Carlos R Turrelles Arias made parents and children alike run for cover in the suburb of Southland in Louisville, Kentucky when he fired shots to impress his pregnant girlfriend. While Arias was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, Salient presumes there was one more concealed weapon confiscated later that night. Wink.

1. Basin Reserve Vigil: Wellington Stands with Mosque Attack Victims
  2. Mosque Terror Attacks: The Government Responds
  3. Issue 04 ~ Peace
  4. Law School Apparently Not Good at Following Rules
  5. Wellington Central Library closed indefinitely
  6. School Climate Strike Draws Thousands
  7. VUW to Begin Kelburn Liquor Ban Consultation
  8. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  9. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  10. I Lift My Eyes
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos