Stay Classy, World

Venezuelan President hugo Chávez died last week, after the populist popu-lost his battle with cancer. After a divisive 14-year reign over the South American state, his absence has created a ‘power vacuum’—his term is well and truly hoover.

The Syrian refugee count has reached one million, according to the Un refugee Agency. President Bashar al Assad continues to determinedly crush the uprisings, prompting Salient to ask; why so Syria-ous?

Former NBA player Dennis Rodman visited North Korea on a one-on-one diplomacy mission counter to the U.S. administrations wishes, revealing his 6-foot 7-inch frame is lacking the top two inches. The two-time NBA Defensive Player of the year was defensive once more when questioned about the trip. Rodman described Supreme Leader kim Jong-Un as “awesome”. “I love him… he was so honest”, he told reporters.

The horse-meat scandal tainting Europe’s beef industry continues to stable-ise, though neigh-bouring states are still suspicious of accepting each other’s produce. The situation is proving to be a real night-mare for many.

A weather event has caused disturbance for many people, a common trait of whom is residence in a mutually proximate area.