Youth Council Holds Drinking Workshop – Not the Cool Kind

The Wellington City youth Council has teamed up with youth leadership group Link to create a young people’s workshop on how young people in Wellington view the role of alcohol.

This workshop comes at a time when the Wellington City Council is canvassing opinions from all parts of society, ahead of drafting a Local Alcohol Management Strategy (LAMS). The LAMS comes as a result of the Government’s recent alcohol reforms, which will allow councils to limit the opening of new licensed premises, set conditions, and control opening hours from December this year.

Youth Council Chair, Jack Marshall, has urged young people to get involved. “The ball is in our court. We can identify what is important and why, what this strategy should cover, and offer Wellingtonians the chance to make sure the city is safe and enjoyable for everyone.”

The workshop is to be held on Saturday 23 March at Te Papa, and requires registration as there is only space for 100 people. More information can be found on the Wellington City youth Council’s Facebook page, or by registering online through their website.

Sophie Boot

1. S Dodd says:

“Not the ‘Cool’ kind”?