Adam and Steve Ready for Equality

Amy adams and steven joyce, that is

New Zealand is one step closer to marriage equality as the Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill passed the Committee stage on Wednesday 27 March.

This means that it has successfully passed through the penultimate stage without being changed to include the proposed amendments. The amendments excluded from the Bill included Winston Peters’proposal whereby a marriage equality referendum would be held at next year’s election, as well as an  amendment proposing greater religious protection for those opposed to marrying gay couples.

Campaign for Marriage Equality Convener Conrad Reyners was pleased with the outcome. “This was another strong vote for family, love and commitment. It clearly showed that, once again, MPs have voted with the majority of Kiwis and boldly stood up for marriage equality. They have voted for love over fear,” he said.

On the night of the Committee of the Whole House stage, hundreds of people gathered outside Parliament to protest against the Bill. The anti-Bill protest had been organised through social media and featured prayer, hymn-singing and glow-stick waving. A counter-march was also organized, with hundreds of people turning up to show their support for the Bill. The third (and final) reading of the Bill will be held at Parliament on Wednesday 17 April.

“We are tremendously excited about the Third reading of the Bill. A successful third-reading vote will give Kiwis the ability to marry the person they love, in front of their family, whānau and friends,” said Reyners. If the Bill passes, New Zealand will be the 11th country to have legalised same-sex marriage nationwide.

1. Genesis 2:24 says:

Gay Marriage Advice
    * Unless you can quickly transform from wanting equal rights to being able to relinquish rights a long term relationship is going to be difficult to maintain.
    * Beware of the mystery midnight blanket bugler who causes many a mornings marital dispute.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough