Stay Classy, World

In a brash attention-grab from the late Roger Ebert, former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher passed away last week. The stroke-of-genius move from her social-media team saw ‘Thatcher’ trending worldwide within minutes.

Serbia has rejected an EU deal on Kosovo, Balkan at the idea of relinquishing control over northern Kosovo. Both Serbs and Albanians—the rival group in the area—would have been well Serb-ed by a conclusion to the issue.

Syria has rejected a UN deal which would allow the alleged use of chemical weapons to be investigated. As an Assad, Salient would like to add that the war-torn state is no closer to peace after over two years of conflict.

NASA continues to debate whether to send a spacecraft to capture an asteroid, with the aim of dragging it into orbit around the Moon and analysing its composition—possibly for extracting minerals. Salient suggests NASA should mine their own business.

Recent poll data shows a major change in public opinion on an issue, possibly redefining the very nature of the debate. Results show three per cent more people now support a social initiative, in a major blow to opponents of the cause. The poll’s margin of error was four per cent.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough