LOL News

THE KING OF AUT-POP-SY

Jurors in Michael Jackson’s wrongful-death trial were shown a naked autopsy photo as part of proceedings last week, revealing a number of curiosities with the late star’s appearance. The King of Pop’s lips were tattooed pink, his eyebrows tattooed darker, and the front of his scalp tattooed black in order to blend his hairline in with the wigs he would often wear. Jackson’s vitiligo was also confirmed, the disease which changed much of his skin pigmentation from black to white, although jurors were urged that this “didn’t matter”.

THAT SNOT GOOD

When Arizona man Joe Nagy got a nagging runny nose checked by a doctor, medical staff discovered it was actually brain fluid leaking out a small hole. Nagy’s hole was plugged with a cartilage cork, stemming the 300 mL of fluid the brain can produce each day. “You don’t really think about it, but our brains are really just above our noses,” said Peter Nakaji, the man’s neurosurgeon. As a neurosurgeon, Salient would hope that’s exactly the kind of thing Nakaji is thinking about.

BRAZIL GETS THE SACK

What has pubic hair, buck teeth, a bowl cut, and googly eyes? If you answered Senhor Testiculo, the new mascot for a Brazilian cancer
foundation, you’d be right. The cheery-eyed scrotum will make a sneaky appearance at a number of events this year. The balls-out approach from the Associação de Assistência às Pessoas (or, in English, the Association for Personal Assistance) has pleased cancer nuts across the world, proving it’s a fine line between tumorous and humorous.

1. Turkish Red Lentil Soup
  2. Dragon Friends
  3. NZ Music Month
  4. Dear White People
  5. You’re Allowed to Watch Shit Films
  6. Flint Town: Season 1
  7. Sometimes It’s Too Cold to Go Outside
  8. Some Spicy AF Hot Takes
  10. Love Isn’t Real, Because You Aren’t Hard Enough