Uni Probes Student Body

Whether you like or dislike Victoria, now is your chance to tell the University with an annual survey being emailed out last week.

The Student Experience Improvement Survey gathers quantitative and qualitative data on students’ experiences and the University’s services.

The voluntary survey asks students to give feedback and rate their experiences on a scale ranging from ‘Very Poor’ to ‘Very Good’, and ‘Strongly Disagree’ to ‘Strongly Agree’. The purpose of the survey is to provide students with the opportunity to share their views on which services and facilities enable successful learning, and on what needs to be improved at Victoria.

A wide range of topics are covered, including Blackboard; student health services; counselling; financial aid; accommodation; cafés and food; clubs and organisations; the marae; retail outlets; social spaces; sport and recreation, and student media.

A summary of the results will be published on the University website later this year, and used to improve and tailor University services.

From the results of last year’s survey, the University has made improvements to the Student ID card process; the opening of the Hub; the creation of the Vic Info Ihonui information desks; an online admission process for PhD students; and a new search engine on their website.

The survey closes at 5 pm on 10 May. Students who complete the survey go in the draw to win one of 20 $100 New World vouchers, or one of two iPads. The University recommends students check their spam folder for the email. Any queries can be directed to studentsurvey@vuw.ac.nz.

1