University Funding Cuts

In one fell swoop, a number of large pine trees were Rimu-ved from Mount St last week.

Mount St was closed for the best part of two days, meaning students on their way to or from town had to branch out and use different roots.

“There wasn’t mulch we could do but go a different way,” one student said, after twigging on to the trunk-ated accessway.

The noise from the arborists’ chainsaws disturbed a number of students around the Student Union Building area. The saws had a very distinct timbre, meaning many students in the vicini-tree log-ged off their computers and were forest to work elsewhere.

“I’m pine-ing for the day we don’t have some annoying sound chipping away at our attention,” one frustrated student noted.

“This really shrubbed me the wrong way.

“Needles to say, I was barking mad. We had to leaf because of the noise and Kauri on with our day somewhere else, wood you believe it.”

The mess was cleared up by Thursday. When Salient went to investigate the remnants, we only saw dust.

The University is not thought to be arboring any desires for further tree work.

1. Am I my skin?
  2. The Trauma of the Non-Voter
  3. Marshall Islands deliberate whether to ban nuclear weapons
  4. Vanity Fair — W. M. Thackeray
  5. Her Legacy
  6. GIG GUIDE
  7. The Fury of [our] own Momentum: Twin Peaks, Protest, and the Bomb
  10. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
brigid

I’m Not Sure How I Feel: Disillusionment With Elections

: - SPONSORED - This post-election sentiment was written prior to the election, due to both the limitations of print and the pervasiveness of this disillusionment beyond the election’s outcome. If there was a revolution over the weekend, some of these thoughts can be disregarded.