June 11, 2013 | by  | in Online Only |

Work for Salient!

Want to see your name in the magazine’s illustrious pages? We have positions available for Trimester 2; apply now to join Team Salient.

Paid Position:
Distributor (3 hours/week):
The distributor is in charge of delivering Salient to Karori, Te Aro, Pipitea, and a number of other sites around town. Perks involve getting to drive the VUWSA van to the tune of Chamillionaire’s ‘Ridin’ Dirty’ every week. A full, clean, manual New Zealand Driver’s License is a must for all applicants, as well as being available from 9-12 every Monday morning.
Keen to take the VUWSA wheels for a spin each week? Apply with your CV now!

Unpaid Positions:
Film, Theatre, and Visual Arts Editors:
Each of these pages needs an Editor to look after it! The specialised Arts Editors are in charge of the content of their page each week, which includes writing, conducting interviews, and editing contributors’ work. You will report directly to our delightful Arts Editor Philip McSweeney.
Send us a CV and 1-2 samples of your writing to apply.

Send all applications and expressions of interest to editor@salient.org.nz. Applications close 5 pm on Friday 14 June.

1. IDF soldiers speak on campus
  2. Why I voted for fee rises
  3. Fuck the Establishment
  4. Facebook upset over fee rises
  5. Hack Like Nobody’s Watching
  6. The Ian Curtis Memorial Wall, Wallace Street: An Investigation
  7. Why I Hate Baby Boomers
  8. Foibles of a Foxton Forger
  9. Coppers Become Croppers
  10. Word Up, Student Teachers!

In the Shadow of the Kowloon Walled City

: At its peak, the Kowloon Walled City was home to 33,000 people in just two hectares of land—a hastily put together conglomerate of tiny apartments, one of top of the other, caged balconies slapped onto the sides and connected through a labyrinth of damp, dark corridors.