June 11, 2013 | by  |

Work for Salient!

Want to see your name in the magazine’s illustrious pages? We have positions available for Trimester 2; apply now to join Team Salient.

Paid Position:
Distributor (3 hours/week):
The distributor is in charge of delivering Salient to Karori, Te Aro, Pipitea, and a number of other sites around town. Perks involve getting to drive the VUWSA van to the tune of Chamillionaire’s ‘Ridin’ Dirty’ every week. A full, clean, manual New Zealand Driver’s License is a must for all applicants, as well as being available from 9-12 every Monday morning.
Keen to take the VUWSA wheels for a spin each week? Apply with your CV now!

Unpaid Positions:
Film, Theatre, and Visual Arts Editors:
Each of these pages needs an Editor to look after it! The specialised Arts Editors are in charge of the content of their page each week, which includes writing, conducting interviews, and editing contributors’ work. You will report directly to our delightful Arts Editor Philip McSweeney.
Send us a CV and 1-2 samples of your writing to apply.

Send all applications and expressions of interest to editor@salient.org.nz. Applications close 5 pm on Friday 14 June.

1. Airing Victoria’s laundry
  2. The Golden Speculum
  3. There’s no such thing as “post-racial feminism”
  4. Girls Don’t Like Sleep, Girls Like Coffee and Diarrhea
  5. Allies vs. Axis
  6. I’m a grown woman and I can do whatever I want
  7. Feminist FAQs
  8. On Joan Didion
  9. Ask Agatha
  10. Editorial—Issue 19, 2015
freemasons

Freemasons: Just Dudes Being Dudes

: There is not a single person who has been to South America who has not told everyone they have been to South America—not even the CEO of the New Zealand Freemasons