June 11, 2013 | by  | in Online Only |

Work for Salient!

Want to see your name in the magazine’s illustrious pages? We have positions available for Trimester 2; apply now to join Team Salient.

Paid Position:
Distributor (3 hours/week):
The distributor is in charge of delivering Salient to Karori, Te Aro, Pipitea, and a number of other sites around town. Perks involve getting to drive the VUWSA van to the tune of Chamillionaire’s ‘Ridin’ Dirty’ every week. A full, clean, manual New Zealand Driver’s License is a must for all applicants, as well as being available from 9-12 every Monday morning.
Keen to take the VUWSA wheels for a spin each week? Apply with your CV now!

Unpaid Positions:
Film, Theatre, and Visual Arts Editors:
Each of these pages needs an Editor to look after it! The specialised Arts Editors are in charge of the content of their page each week, which includes writing, conducting interviews, and editing contributors’ work. You will report directly to our delightful Arts Editor Philip McSweeney.
Send us a CV and 1-2 samples of your writing to apply.

Send all applications and expressions of interest to editor@salient.org.nz. Applications close 5 pm on Friday 14 June.

1. Work
  2. Editorial—Issue 22, 2016
  3. I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State
  4. Young Voters: Waking the Sleeping Giants
  5. The Sky Is Falling
  6. Tell us about Talis
  7. Vic group launch their Reclaim-munist Manifesto
  8. Bye Bye Little Karori (in two years time)
  9. Students seize opportunity to rant at Grant
  10. Binge drinking is still a bit bad for you
i-daniel-blake

I, Daniel Blake and the Welfare State

: Recently at the NZIFF I was fortunate enough to see Ken Loach’s I, Daniel Blake, this year’s winner of the Palme d’Or at Cannes. By the end of the film nearly everybody seemed to be in mourning and most of the people seated around me were sniffling and wiping their eyes. I,