June 11, 2013 | by  | in Online Only |

Work for Salient!

Want to see your name in the magazine’s illustrious pages? We have positions available for Trimester 2; apply now to join Team Salient.

Paid Position:
Distributor (3 hours/week):
The distributor is in charge of delivering Salient to Karori, Te Aro, Pipitea, and a number of other sites around town. Perks involve getting to drive the VUWSA van to the tune of Chamillionaire’s ‘Ridin’ Dirty’ every week. A full, clean, manual New Zealand Driver’s License is a must for all applicants, as well as being available from 9-12 every Monday morning.
Keen to take the VUWSA wheels for a spin each week? Apply with your CV now!

Unpaid Positions:
Film, Theatre, and Visual Arts Editors:
Each of these pages needs an Editor to look after it! The specialised Arts Editors are in charge of the content of their page each week, which includes writing, conducting interviews, and editing contributors’ work. You will report directly to our delightful Arts Editor Philip McSweeney.
Send us a CV and 1-2 samples of your writing to apply.

Send all applications and expressions of interest to editor@salient.org.nz. Applications close 5 pm on Friday 14 June.

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip