June 11, 2013 | by  | in Online Only |

Work for Salient!

Want to see your name in the magazine’s illustrious pages? We have positions available for Trimester 2; apply now to join Team Salient.

Paid Position:
Distributor (3 hours/week):
The distributor is in charge of delivering Salient to Karori, Te Aro, Pipitea, and a number of other sites around town. Perks involve getting to drive the VUWSA van to the tune of Chamillionaire’s ‘Ridin’ Dirty’ every week. A full, clean, manual New Zealand Driver’s License is a must for all applicants, as well as being available from 9-12 every Monday morning.
Keen to take the VUWSA wheels for a spin each week? Apply with your CV now!

Unpaid Positions:
Film, Theatre, and Visual Arts Editors:
Each of these pages needs an Editor to look after it! The specialised Arts Editors are in charge of the content of their page each week, which includes writing, conducting interviews, and editing contributors’ work. You will report directly to our delightful Arts Editor Philip McSweeney.
Send us a CV and 1-2 samples of your writing to apply.

Send all applications and expressions of interest to editor@salient.org.nz. Applications close 5 pm on Friday 14 June.

1. V-ISA speaks out against outsourcing
  2. Pain
  3. A list of things that will help keep us healthy and pain-free this winter
  4. Wellington City Council are telling fibs
  5. Boring report proves mildly interesting
  6. Otago Uni are desperate
  7. Lol, no one was going to vote anyway
  8. We are not so bad at sport after all
  9. V-ISA speak out against outsourcing
  10. Kelburn residents angry about non-existent building

Dancing With Sad Sweaty Businessmen

: An instructor who I will amiably call Old Man Yellow Teeth tried to approach me, but I ran to the water cooler.