LOL News

FULL OF SECRETS

Three good life-guidelines to follow are: don’t smuggle things into prison, don’t mess around with loaded guns, and don’t put things where they don’t belong. Christie Harris managed to break all three of these this week. Apparently fond of a good bang, she was found to have a loaded gun up her vagina. The Oklahoma woman was attempting to smuggle the weapon into jail, along with another surprise: two bags of meth, concealed in her anus, proving the crack epidemic is still not over.

BLAIRING IT ALL?

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair had an embarrassing moment last week, as he appeared on television in front of a framed photo which appeared to be of himself, topless. This is the latest in Blair’s history of judgment errors, after invading Iraq and converting to Catholicism. You can see the photo here and judge for yourself whether it’s him or not, but even if it’s not, the question remains: who does Tony Blair have a framed topless photo of?

IGNORANCE APPARENTLY NOT BLISS

This week in ignorant idiots: The Pakeha Party. David Ruck and his merry band of 55,000 (and counting) Facebook supporters are sick of Māori living the good life—they want the same things Māori get. It’s unclear at this stage whether they refer to the higher levels of unemployment, suicide rates, imprisonment rates, or any of the other measures of socioeconomic deprivation. Ruck has admitted he doesn’t have a great grasp on Māori history, and judging by his political views, criminal convictions, and “I have Māori friends” excuse, he doesn’t seem to have much of a grasp on anything at all.

1. Access Denied – Invisible City
  2. Tapu and Noa
  3. It’s not you, it’s Hookup Culture
  5. Touching on Taboo
  6. WOMAD
  7. National Urges Govt to be More Ambitious with Child Poverty Legislation
  8. Doin’ it for the Retweets: NZ Police’s Rainbow Car
  10. Sexual Violence Court Pilot