Clubs and Activities Officer

Welcome to International Week!

VUWSA has been busy in putting together a week full of events that seek to celebrate the cultural and ethnic diversity we have here at Vic.

Here’s what the lineup looks like!

Monday

For too long, there has been little representation of international students at Victoria, and our International Rep Group Launch is our attempt at rectifying this. Please feel free to come along even if you aren’t an international student, but, of course, an interest in international-student issues would be helpful. I look forward to seeing you all there in Meeting Rooms 1/2 in the SUB building at 5 pm.

Tuesday

In association with AIESEC Victoria, we are pleased to bring you The Amazing Race in the Campus Hub. Take part in this exciting event to learn more about the different regions of the world and the various social issues they face. There is also a prize valued at over $800 to be won, so be sure to turn up anytime between 11 am and 2 pm for your chance to win!

Wednesday

And in the middle of the week, we have organised an International Food Festival from 11 am to 2 pm in the Tim Beaglehole Courtyard for all you food enthusiasts out there! There will be stalls with different international foods present, so feel free to swing by and check it all out.

Thursday

Two different events will be hosted on Thursday. The first is a Mexican Folk Music and Dance performance brought to you by the Latin American and Spanish Club, happening at noon. This performance seeks to showcase the different kinds of dance and music that can be found in the land of Mexico.

The second is an International Film Night hosted by the Film Society at 6.30 pm in the Memorial Theatre. Three different international films will be screened, with popcorn and a soft drink being provided to audience members for the price of a gold-coin entry fee.

Friday

To round off the week’s events, we have the VUW French Society putting on a French Potluck and Film Night at 6 pm in SUB Meeting Rooms 1/2. Come along and share a meal with your fellow students, and enjoy a screening of Les Choristes with English subs. Entry is free, but bringing some food to share is appreciated.

For more information, please check out the International Week Facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/373428889426493/.

1