LOL News

TWERKING HARD OR HARDLY TWERKING?

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper is going to find it difficult to shake his latest political gaffe, telling a group he enjoys twerking but doesn’t “get to do it as often” as he would like.

Harper went on to say that he “has a lot of fun twerking”, but only does it with close friends and “every now and then with President Obama”.

“Speeches like this have their place for sure … but a quick twerk is a great way to express what I’m thinking,” he told the silent crowd.

“What? Don’t I look like I twerk?” Harper continued, adding he “would like to twerk with every Canadian but that of course is impossible.”

The Prime Minister was meaning to refer to ‘tweeting’ instead of the ass-shaking dance craze, with his office issuing a statement later saying he “knows how important social media is to Canadians and … has never and will never twerk”.

A LIBERAL DOSE OF EMBARRASSMENT

Tony Abbott, who in all likelihood will be the new Australian Prime Minister by the time this issue of Salient comes out, is leaving nothing to chance in his election campaign.

Targeting the red-blooded male vote, Abbott brought his two daughters out on a television appearance on reality show Big Brother in an effort to sway undecideds.

“’If you want to know who to vote for, I’m the guy with the not-bad-looking daughters,” Abbott told the audience.

Incumbent Kevin Rudd’s daughter could not be reached for comment.

1