Stay Classy, World

Syria have agreed to give up the chemical weapons it doesn’t have, after pressure from Russia and the West. The weapons—which don’t exist according to the Assad regime—would be destroyed in the future under the terms of the agreement.

Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras has said Greece could return to living standards experienced before the financial crash within six years. The news is welcome respite for Greek citizens, who are reeling from the ravages of having to pay income tax and not being able to retire in their 40s.

The stricken cruise ship Costa Concordia has been set upright off the coast of Italy, in a massive feat of engineering thought to be the most exciting thing to happen on a cruise ship since the Titanic.

The mansion of Gianni Versace was sold for over NZ$50 million last week. Versace was shot dead on the front steps of the mansion 16 years ago, meaning he remains fashionably late.

Two people in the early stages of dating have both been playing it cool, recent reports suggest. Despite both individuals wanting to make contact, neither was prepared to: “When you’re into someone, it’s very important to give the opposite impression for as long as possible. It just makes sense,” said one of the pair.