Stay Classy, World

The US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency have funded a robot which can outrun Usain Bolt. The cheetah-shaped robot would probably be useful if the US ever decided to run away from the prospect of a war.

Also in war news, Team America World Police briefly invaded two countries last week, kidnapping a man from Libya and attempting to kill another in a raid in Somalia. The Somalia raid saw Navy SEALs swimming away into the night after the mission went wrong; Salient is unsure whether the SEALs also bathed on rocks.

Just weeks after taking office, the Australian Prime Minister has had to defend expense-related allegations after he used Government funds to attend two colleagues’ weddings, and sporting events. Allegations of such impropriety are sure to be welcomed by Abbott, who usually has to deal with allegations of sexism, racism and homophobia.

Sonny Bill Williams last week opted out, and then back into, playing for the Kiwis in their Rugby League World Cup defence. With Sonny’s indecisiveness, the ‘will William Williams or won’t William Williams’ speculation will probably continue.

A student overheard talking to friends last week is reportedly “looking forward to exams being over”. Exams, a biannual period of University tests, are widely regarded by the University’s student population to be “shit” and “fucked”.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos