Student Leaves Blue Zone for Friend Zone

A Victoria student is about to get his geek on for our viewing pleasure.

Zac Klavs, a first-year Law, Political Science, International Relations, and Art History student, has been chosen as one of eight ‘geeks’ to star in the next series of Beauty and the Geek Australia, ‘Goes Tropical’ edition.

Klavs apparently fits the ‘geek’ bill, as he has never had a girlfriend, kissed a girl, or been on a date.

“If I see a couple, sometimes I think, ‘I wish I could experience that’. Even if it fails miserably, at least I’d be able to say: ‘I did that’.

“It’s not that I haven’t tried but I just keep getting ‘friend-zoned’ … I’m happy with who I am, I just need more refinement in some areas, particularly social skills; they are my weak point,” said Klavs.

Klavs has never seen the show, and only auditioned after being dared to by his sister, who told him she would get him a great Christmas gift if he entered. While he is looking forward to improving his social skills, the prize money is also a huge incentive for him.

The series, which describes itself as the “ultimate social experiment”, will be held in Fiji. It involves challenges with ‘beauty’ and ‘geek’ pairings competing against each other to avoid elimination. The winning pair will win AUD$100,000. The series begins airing in Australia on 10 October.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos