Student Leaves Blue Zone for Friend Zone

A Victoria student is about to get his geek on for our viewing pleasure.

Zac Klavs, a first-year Law, Political Science, International Relations, and Art History student, has been chosen as one of eight ‘geeks’ to star in the next series of Beauty and the Geek Australia, ‘Goes Tropical’ edition.

Klavs apparently fits the ‘geek’ bill, as he has never had a girlfriend, kissed a girl, or been on a date.

“If I see a couple, sometimes I think, ‘I wish I could experience that’. Even if it fails miserably, at least I’d be able to say: ‘I did that’.

“It’s not that I haven’t tried but I just keep getting ‘friend-zoned’ … I’m happy with who I am, I just need more refinement in some areas, particularly social skills; they are my weak point,” said Klavs.

Klavs has never seen the show, and only auditioned after being dared to by his sister, who told him she would get him a great Christmas gift if he entered. While he is looking forward to improving his social skills, the prize money is also a huge incentive for him.

The series, which describes itself as the “ultimate social experiment”, will be held in Fiji. It involves challenges with ‘beauty’ and ‘geek’ pairings competing against each other to avoid elimination. The winning pair will win AUD$100,000. The series begins airing in Australia on 10 October.