Hall for One and One for Hall

Victoria’s students in 2015 will have a new option for student accommodation available to them.

An office block at 175 The Terrace – minutes down the road from Joan Stevens and Boulcott Hall – has been leased by the University, and will be refurbished into a new hall of residence. The hall will accommodate 390 new students, making it roughly the size of Te Puni Village.

The new hall, which is yet to be named, will join the seven other fully catered halls already on offer to students. This will bring Victoria’s capacity for catered student accommodation to over 2000 places.

Victoria’s former Vice-Chancellor Professor Pat Walsh is confident that there is still a high demand for this type of accommodation. He states that “students coming to Victoria University from throughout the country and overseas are looking for quality accommodation. Alongside the recent introduction of Boulcott Street Hall and Joan Stevens Hall on the Terrace, we are ensuring this need continues to be met.”

The new hall will undoubtedly also contribute to the profits of DSL Liquor, located on The Terrace.

1