What is happening is radio at Victoria?

VBC (Victoria Broadcasting Club) is Victoria’s student radio station, established in 2007, and available on 88.3FM or online.

‘Til this year, it has been funded to the tune of $30,000 annually, with money from the Student Services Levy – the fee paid by all students.

It is ‘owned’ by the VBC Trust, an inactive group who deregistered in 2013 and agreed to hand over the station to VUWSA.

The status of the VBC going forward is unclear: it owes more to the IRD in liabilities than it has in assets.

Duncan and Cam, the current Salient editors, would like to see the VBC brought into the Salient fold. A shift in focus towards online podcasting seems to be the most viable option for the future of the radio.

Another option is to partner with Radio New Zealand to run the station, which would fit in with the company’s objective of becoming more relevant to students.

1. Issue 03 – Nō hea koe?
  2. Ka Tangi Te Tītī, Ka Tangi Te Kākā, Ka Tangi Hoki Ahau, Tīhei Maui Ora
  3. I Lift My Eyes
  4. The H-Word
  5. Where are you from?: A Loaded Question
  6. Stay Healthy: Fresher Flu is Back
  7. Māori and Pasifika support services: New phone, who dis?
  8. A Gay Old Time: Wellington Pride Festival 2019
  9. The Party Line: MMP 5% Threshold
  10. Piki Brings Four Counsellors to Victoria, One to Massey
Horse Betting-01

The Messara Report on New Zealand Horse Racing

: My mum’s family loves a “flutter”.   A “flutter” is Kiwi slang for betting. Usually on horse racing, but we’re also partial to the odd greyhound meet or two. In April 2018, the Minister for Racing, Winston Peters, released the Messara report, calling for the clos