What is happening is radio at Victoria?

VBC (Victoria Broadcasting Club) is Victoria’s student radio station, established in 2007, and available on 88.3FM or online.

‘Til this year, it has been funded to the tune of $30,000 annually, with money from the Student Services Levy – the fee paid by all students.

It is ‘owned’ by the VBC Trust, an inactive group who deregistered in 2013 and agreed to hand over the station to VUWSA.

The status of the VBC going forward is unclear: it owes more to the IRD in liabilities than it has in assets.

Duncan and Cam, the current Salient editors, would like to see the VBC brought into the Salient fold. A shift in focus towards online podcasting seems to be the most viable option for the future of the radio.

Another option is to partner with Radio New Zealand to run the station, which would fit in with the company’s objective of becoming more relevant to students.

1. The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

The shade of Pasifika Brown is Bold and Brilliant. So is being a Woman and Fa’afafine

: Proud. Because I am a woman. I am a fa’afafine. I am unapologetic for that. Brown. Because my skin carries the stories of thousands of brown women who came before me. Pasifika. Because I know this is my culture. This is tradition. I know that there has been, and will always be,