Eye on Exec

The most recent Exec meeting on 11 July was mercifully brief, due in large part to the VUWSA Exec taking part in future planning, which left them exhausted and with a long workshop on VUWSA’s future to conduct.

The meeting commenced with Sonya’s President’s Report. She first discussed the imminent departure of Mark Maguire, VUWSA’s General Manager, and the hiring of an interim general manager on a part-time basis for a fixed term, before a permanent general manager is appointed towards the end of the year.

A new member of the VUWSA Trust was also appointed. Nicholas Green, whose wife is also on the Trust, was unanimously appointed by the Exec to replace former Trust member James Shaw. Shaw left to pursue his political career as a candidate for the Green Party in the Wellington Central electorate. The Exec were impressed by Green’s CV and were confident there was no conflict of interest.

VUWSA also approved the appointment of an administrative support staff member. Money was re-allocated from the budget for the staff member, who the Exec consider essential in allowing them to work efficiently. The staff member will be hired soon.

1