Cool Election Shit

IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHO TO VOTE FOR… VOTE COMPASS
Vote Compass is an interactive quiz which gets you to answer questions on various political issues and compares your answers with the policy positions of parties, then displays your position on a grid, showing where you stand in the overall political landscape. You can find it at http://tvnz.co.nz/votecompass

IF YOU WANT TO ASK POLITICIANS A QUESTION… ASK AWAY
Ask Away is an online forum for asking politicians questions and comparing their answers. Get in on the action at https://nzelection.askaway.org.nz/

IF YOU WANT TO HEAR A DEBATE AT UNI… THE GREAT POLITICAL DEBATE
At 1 pm on Tuesday 16 September, Wallace Chapman of Back Benches fame will be hosting a political debate in the Hub. Representatives from National, Labour, the Greens and NZ First will speak at the debate.

IF YOU WANT TO HEAR THE WELLINGTON CENTRAL CANDIDATES DEBATE… ARO VALLEY MEET THE CANDIDATES EVENING
A notorious good time, this is tonight if you’re reading this on Monday 8 September (otherwise, sorry!) Turn up to the Aro Valley Community Hall at 7.30 pm to hear MPs from Labour, the Greens, Internet Mana, National, NZ First, Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis and the Conservative Party battle it out.

IF YOU WANT TO READ ABOUT POLITICAL ISSUES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE… OURS
Ours, created by ex-Salient editors and current Vic students Ollie Neas and Asher Emanuel, is a website full of content about and relevant to young people. Ours is online at ours.co.nz, and was published in The NZ Herald every Wednesday for the past four weeks.

IF YOU WANT TO VOTE BEFORE ELECTION DAY…
You can! You could vote as of last Wednesday.

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHERE YOU CAN VOTE… FIND MY ELECTORATE
If you want to find a polling booth to vote at on or before election day, ‘Find My Electorate’ is an online map which will help you do that. Find it at http://www.elections.org.nz/voters/find-my-electorate

IF YOU WANT TO VOTE ON CAMPUS…
You can! As of Monday the 8th (today!), there are advanced polling booths around Kelburn Campus. Get amongst it.

1. Freedom of Speech
  2. Dark Objects
  3. Better Living (Wage) Everyone
  5. A Mental Health Crisis Among NZ University Students?
  6. Women in Action
  7. Disenchanted Prophets — Matakite Matekiri
  8. Super Science Trends
  9. VIC UFO
badgirl

NOTE TO SELF: HOW TO WIN AT THE ART GAME AND STAY IN YOUR LANE

: - SPONSORED - Written by NZ’s #1 art world bad girl   The art world is a game. It is a game Have you trained? Are you ready to run the race? Do you own New Balances or Nike Frees? You have to be comfortable, because it’ll take decades to run the race and get [&hellip