Wellington surprises no one with its shit weather

Victoria University failed to make wet weather provisions for one of their main events on the first day of O-Week.

The official welcome for all new students starting Victoria University, scheduled for 12:30pm on Monday 23 February at Kelburn Park, was cancelled with no postponement date due to unfavourable weather conditions.

Instead Victoria University dismissed the event and decided to continue with other O-Week festivities such as the sausage sizzle.

When asked to comment on the cancellation, Victoria University’s Director of Academic Services Pam Thorburn stated that “Victoria does have wet weather plans in place but because there is no venue on campus large enough to accommodate more than 2,000 students, there is no way to move the event indoors.”

VUWSA President Rick Zwaan stated that it was “unfortunate” not to be able to welcome new students. Zwaan claimed it was “surprising” that “despite all the money” invested in the Hub development it is “still not fit for purpose in terms of having an inside space large enough for all our new students.”

New Students’ Orientation Week runs until 8 March.

1. Dear Daddy Dave
  2. The Weekly Planet
  3. Throwback T-Swizzle: Speak Now
  4. Books to Films
  5. Books to Films
  6. Still Life with Chickens
  7. Silicon Valley Season 5
  8. The Adam Portraiture Award is Anachronistic and Goofy and I Love It
  9. Things Fall Apart
  10. Nothing Looks Better Than a Head Between Your Thighs Feels and Other Shit Chat