May 3, 2015 | by  | in VUWSA |

Clubs and Activities Officer

My name is Rory McNamara and I am VUWSA’s Clubs and Activities Officer for this year. I believe Vic should be a community that we all love and are proud to be a part of. I love engaging with students and hearing your feedback about what you love or hate about university, so come and have a chat to me if you ever have anything you want to chat about. I will be in the Student Union building at the VUWSA office if you need to find me or just want someone to have a beer with you at the Hunter Lounge.

We should all have a shit-ton of fun while we are at university, whether this is on or off campus—there is so much to do at Vic and in Wellington. It doesn’t matter if you like playing chess, debating or having a night out on the town, there is always something for you to do. If you want to meet like-minded people, one of the best ways of doing this is to join a club. There are over 130 clubs on campus so you are bound to find one to suit your interests.

It is so important to keep a good work/life balance while you are at university. University is stressful at the best of times and downright shit at other times. You shouldn’t get all hung up on small things like the occasional missed lecture or accidental hangover. It is perfectly okay to have the occasional drunken blow out (trust me we have all done it—looking at you, Zac). VUWSA is here to help make university more bearable—we are here to have some great fun, not just get the grades. Please remember this guys, because if you’re not enjoying yourself while you’re here, chances are that everything in your life is going to start getting a bit shit.

So make sure you have some fun, play some drinking games, get to know fellow students and above all have some leisure time while at university.