Why study when you can make these and then eat them instead? Don’t worry guys, I’m here to save you from your assignments—with chocolate chip cookie dough brownies. These come in two layers: the bottom is a deliciously soft chocolate brownie and then you go ahead and whack a layer of cookie dough on top of it. Other than the heart disease you’ll inevitably get from eating too much of this (and trust me, you will), what’s not to love?
(For the brownie)
- 150g unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup unsalted butter, as close to room temperature as you can be bothered getting it
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (if you want fluffier brownies, use self-raising; if you want dense, use plain)
(For the cookie dough)
- SPONSORED -
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups mini chocolate chips (or really however much you want—I’m not a cop)
- Put your oven on bake at 170 degrees and line a baking tin with paper. Grease up that paper real good.
- Make the brownie, yo. Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments so you don’t overdo it.
- While your chocolate is cooling, beat together the butter and sugar until it goes light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla bit by bit so the mixture doesn’t split.
- Fold through the flour until just combined—don’t overmix it.
- Whack your batter into that greasy tin and bake for 25–35 mins, depending on the enthusiasm of your oven. You’ll know it’s cooked when you can stab the middle with a toothpick or knife and it comes out pretty much clean. (I’m personally a fan of just slightly undercooking it—for deliciousness reasons.)
- Let it cool completely. Like actually completely.
- You all know how to make cookie dough. Do it. (Beat together butter and both sugars, then beat in milk and vanilla. Mix in flour, stir through chocolate chips.)
- Spread the dough all over the top of your (cooled) brownie. Put it in the fridge until you can’t wait any longer, or about an hour if you actually have self-control (unlike me).
- Eat it now. Study never.