- SPONSORED -
Like myself, all of you are likely to be feeling the “crunch” time stress i.e. When all the lecturers sit together and decide to put assignment and test dates in the same week. Before your stress starts to pile higher than Mount Street, read on.
How to survive the crunch:
- Eat something you enjoy, like really enjoy. I would suggest the chilli chocolate cake from Astoria. Surprisingly a good combination and certainly fired me up for three essays.
- Rant. To a friend. To that person next to you in your tutorial. In the shower. Let out your frustrations—university is stressful.
- It’s okay to skip a lecture. Getting an essay done is so much more important than sitting in a lecture theatre on Yik Yak stressing about it.
- Pack your bag the night before and have a water bottle with you at all times. You will need to rehydrate from all the tears from being 800 words away from the word count.
- SLEEP. I have recently discovered the universe’s secret: earplugs. Wonderful things to help you get a good night’s sleep to reboot and de-stress.
- Set targets and rewards. Prioritise what needs to be done and thank yourself with the next Game of Thrones episode. Repeat.
- Study with a friend. It’s so much easier to deal with a workload when you can split it in half, they’re probably feeling the crunch as much as you are. Hit up the green zones in the library and get busy.
- Have an inspirational background on your phone and laptop. Like a quote (Carpe Diem) or just a straight up ugly selfie of your flatmate.
- Set up a goal at this end of crunch time. A group BYO, trip to Pitch Perfect 2 or tickets to Hermitude in July. 10/10 would recommend.
- Just eat. From meals you can throw in the slow cooker to have for four fun nights to Nutella from the jar.
Most of all, breathe. You won’t ever need to remember how to do hypothesis tests or what year the Magna Carta was signed in.
Tackle those struggles!