May 24, 2015 | by  | in The Moan Zone |

Why is everything due on the same day?!

University seems to have a habit of giving students long periods of time where they just twiddle their thumbs and wank (Luke), but then on the other hand you’ll have five assignments and two tests due within two days. Going from one extreme to another makes us feel as emotionally unstable as an adolescent girl. While the girls are able to get through this, we are unsure if this is a good way for students to learn, but then again we don’t really have a say even though we are paying the Uni an arm and your left bollock for a bit of fancy paper.

We are pretty sure that at the start of the academic year all the lectures and course co-ordinators meet up and plan what days their assignments are going to be due. And every year they seem to put them within a week of everyone else. It’s hard enough writing 5000 words of nonsense about a topic you couldn’t give a shit about. But when you realise you have a 5000, 3000 then 2000 word assignment due on the same day, you start to question if university is really for you.

We know at this point some of the readers (if we have any) will probably be thinking “why didn’t you just plan your time better?” And yes, we both admit time management is not our forte (for people in Vic House, that means “something we excel at”). We apologise if that come off as condescending, Vic House—oh and by the way, “condescending” means “talking down to someone” if you didn’t know that.

But on the bright side, the fact that you have heaps of things due is normally a sign that the trimester is finishing. Which is good for us, because university has literally sucked us dry of topics to bullshit about.

Study tip of the week: we read somewhere this week an excellent study tip—“Stand up. Stretch. Take a walk. Get on a plane. Never Return.” Basically sums up our thinking up at the moment.

Stick with it, only a couple more weeks to go.

Tom and Luke

1