June 1, 2015 | by  | in Ngāi Tauira |

Ngai Tauira Notices

This year our events officer has started up whānau days that enable tauira Māori to attend. Over the trimester we have had a successful amount of Tauira Māori attending these events. These events are to help build relationships within our Māori community to help prospure whanaungatanga between our tuakana and teina. Throughout the trimester Ngai Tauira has organised and subsidised events such as paintball and Hurricane games at the TSB arena. Our last whānau event for this trimester is on the 5th of June. Where: Queens Wharf. What: Bubble Soccer. When: 5–6 pm. Price: $10. Be quick whānau, there are only 36 spots.

***

As you may or may not know, Te Hōhaieti o te Reo Māori was re-established in the middle of this trimester. This roopu is very importantant to the culture and identify of this university as it helps promotes our taonga, Te Reo Māori. Every Wednesday night a group of tauira meet up for one hour and talk Te Reo Māori, it doesnt matter what level your Reo is at, you are all welcome. Don’t be shy to come and enbrace our language. Like them on Facebook to keep up to date. On 3 June at 4:30pm until 9pm, there is a screening at Te Herenga Waka of Dead Lands and White Lies. These screenings are to celebrate our language within the film in Aotearoa. Nau mai haere mai!

***

Once a month Ngai Tauira will be providing free lunch at the Marae. When: 2 June 12pm–1pm, Where: Te Heranga Waka Marae. Come along and bring your friends. The more the better whanau.

***

Every Thursday night from 5pm–6.30pm, there is Kapa Haka practice at Te Herenga Waka Marae. Anyone is welcome whānau, come and learn waiata and haka from all over the motu.

1. Raw Collective, Jinz Moss, and Makeshift Movements
  2. Podcast: Interview with Get Your Hands Off My Dogcast
  4. Euthanasia Case Before the Courts
  5. We Can’t Take It for Granted: Academic Freedom in Hungary
  6. Free West Papua
  7. Pressured Lecturers, Cheating Students
  8. National Sexual Health Helpline Underway
  9. Tinder Surprise
  10. Populist Reaction Unlikely

Coffee Thoughts

: - SPONSORED - According to the NZ History website, “Wellington’s café culture is today an integral part of its identity as a city.” It’s true, everyone in this city seems to love coffee and we have an ample amount of cafes to keep the love brewing. I have been aware of t