June 1, 2015 | by  | in Ngāi Tauira |

Ngai Tauira Notices

This year our events officer has started up whānau days that enable tauira Māori to attend. Over the trimester we have had a successful amount of Tauira Māori attending these events. These events are to help build relationships within our Māori community to help prospure whanaungatanga between our tuakana and teina. Throughout the trimester Ngai Tauira has organised and subsidised events such as paintball and Hurricane games at the TSB arena. Our last whānau event for this trimester is on the 5th of June. Where: Queens Wharf. What: Bubble Soccer. When: 5–6 pm. Price: $10. Be quick whānau, there are only 36 spots.

***

As you may or may not know, Te Hōhaieti o te Reo Māori was re-established in the middle of this trimester. This roopu is very importantant to the culture and identify of this university as it helps promotes our taonga, Te Reo Māori. Every Wednesday night a group of tauira meet up for one hour and talk Te Reo Māori, it doesnt matter what level your Reo is at, you are all welcome. Don’t be shy to come and enbrace our language. Like them on Facebook to keep up to date. On 3 June at 4:30pm until 9pm, there is a screening at Te Herenga Waka of Dead Lands and White Lies. These screenings are to celebrate our language within the film in Aotearoa. Nau mai haere mai!

***

Once a month Ngai Tauira will be providing free lunch at the Marae. When: 2 June 12pm–1pm, Where: Te Heranga Waka Marae. Come along and bring your friends. The more the better whanau.

***

Every Thursday night from 5pm–6.30pm, there is Kapa Haka practice at Te Herenga Waka Marae. Anyone is welcome whānau, come and learn waiata and haka from all over the motu.

1. From within the fallout zone
  2. Access Denied
  4. Ngāi Tauira
  6. Eight Things I Hate About Call of Duty
  7. Horoscope
  8. Protests against rape culture draw hundreds
  9. Capital C
  10. The Sellout — Paul Beatty

Flat out of options — what’s going on with Wellington’s rental madness?

: The words “renting crisis” have been thrown about a fair bit over the last few weeks. But do commentators and politicians get what this actually means for students and other renters struggling to find a place to live?