June 27, 2015 | by  | in News Online Only |

Salient seeks new contributors

Student magazine and serial puzzle miscreant Salient is seeking new talent, according to information leaked from its impossible-to-find offices.

The magazine is celebrating its recent awards of “Stiffest Ply” and “Most Chafing” at the New Zealand Annual Toilet Paper Awards by announcing a new intake of interns and columnists.

According to the VUWSA accounts office, unpaid internships at Salient are “a great opportunity, particularly for our salaries line”. A Salient spokesperson said that many Salient internships—which involve reporting on the news and attending BYOs—later lead to rewarding work at publications like the Washington Post, Bild and The Guardian, although the spokesperson also admitted that this was baseless speculation.

Salient is also understood to be looking for additional columnists. In particular, it is looking for an agony aunt and an internet writer, but it is also open to other ideas.

Eager writers are encouraged to send a covering letter to editor@salient.org.nz. Columnist applications should also include a 300-word mockup of the proposed column.

1. A Tribe Called Queer
  2. Medical Anomalies: Trans and Intersex vs. Medicine
  3. chris††† — social justice whatever
  5. We Need New Words
  6. Things to see places to be
  7. Shock Over Proposed Job Cuts at University of Otago
  9. GENDER: THE DEATH AND REBIRTH
lets-seeeee

Let’s See How Far We’ve Come

: - SPONSORED - As Dani and I thought about what we’d like to see in this queer edition of Salient, we reflected on the state of UniQ as it stands right now, both at Victoria University and throughout the country. As we come to the end of our time as co-presidents for 2017 we con