June 1, 2015 | by  | in VUWSA |

Yarn With Zwaan

Congratulations, you made it to the last week of the trimester!

With the rush of final assignments due and exams looming around the corner, it’s hard to believe that we’re almost halfway through the year. This trimester has flown by.

It seems like yesterday that O-Week gigs were happening and the first week of lectures were starting. Twelve weeks of class later and we’re almost there. Just think, in a few weeks’ time all your assignments will be in and your exams will be over. Then you get a week or so holiday before next trimester starts and before soon it’ll be summer and we can relax in the sun while we think about all that we’ve learnt.

But before we get there, we have to get through exams.

We know it’s a stressful time of year and with winter setting in, it’s hard to concentrate on study and stay warm. That’s why next week VUWSA is putting on Stress Free Study Week—with free breakfasts and lunches at Kelburn, Te Aro and Pipitea all week.

Free food and a warm library makes for ideal studying. But to make it even better and help relieve stress, we’ve also teamed up with SPCA and are bringing puppies back on campus. They’ll be at Kelburn on Monday 8th from 12–1 and Wednesday 10th from 1–2, and Pipitea gets them on Friday 12th from 1–2.

We know that a lot of Te Aro students probably haven’t slept much this trimester and are busy finishing off their projects so they get them first this week on Wednesday 3rd from 1–2.

For the last few years Stress Free Study Week has gone from strength to strength—last year we served over 11,000 meals over the weeks!

It’s thanks to a dedicated team largely led by our Welfare Vice President, Madeleine, and a bunch of staff and student volunteers who work hard to make your study week that little bit less stressful. Make sure you come along and make the most of it.

Good luck with your assignments, study, and exams!