What’s your understanding of this world?

He aha te mea nui o tenei ao? He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.

Basically, I think all of us have the ability to interpret our own observations and perceptions of this world. Our minds are limitless when it comes to our own understanding of the world and its existence. One person is able to believe in his own understanding in the world, whereas you can have another person believing in the exact opposite. Through communities and society we are then able to share things such as language, belief and culture. I believe that those kinds of things bind people together through sharing things in common.

I love the idea of being able to socially synchronise with one group, and then moving on to an entirely new and different one—keeping in mind to maintain participation in each one to remain a member. My favourite part is the process when forming a group. Meeting someone new gives me a different kind of anxiety, to which feels both scary and exhilarating. When I meet a new person, I intrinsically assume that they know nothing of me, and rather have a blank understanding and perception of myself. I feel like it’s an opportunity to show the best of me to each person (though I do not wish to be seen as a liar).

Making an effort each time to access our own knowledge and experience is satisfactory whilst shared amongst others who have experienced similar circumstances. I hope that each person I meet will carry their own different perception of me. When each perspective of me is combined and shared with others, it adds to the story of my existence on this world. Each aspect of this reality is inspiring and I am happy to share each moment of it with others.

I have had many opportunities to learn about myself this year and can’t wait for more. Learning to truly accept people, who they are and what they think of this world. Being engaged and involved within specific projects. These things link between each and every one of us. I believe in the importance of “tangata” or “the people”. Not only to understand others, but also to understand oneself. Perhaps there can be a story we can all share together some day.

He aha te mea nui o tenei ao? He tangata, he tangata, he tangata. Tihei mauri ora.

1