bully
September 6, 2015 | by  | in Visual Arts |

Lam On Lam

Sharon Lam is a local multimedia artist, with her work spanning across everything from pencil drawings to biro drawings. While an elusive figure, Salient was lucky enough to be graced with a rare interview.

Lam: Hi Sharon, thanks so much for sitting down with me.

Lam: No worries. Anything for the fans. Sharon waves like the Queen to an empty room.

Lam: Recently you received some unflattering criticism for one of your projects, what are your thoughts on this?

Lam: I knew this would come up! It was written by Bryce Galloway, on the national Zine Review website, covering one of my collaborative literary projects. He said I was “more self-indulgent than amusing”, I have absolutely no idea where this came from.

Lam: Self-indulgent? Wow, completely left field.

Lam: Yes, exactly. He also said that he wasn’t sure if I should “drink more, or try harder”, which is also ridiculous because I am always drunk and everyone knows that if you try, it doesn’t count.

Lam: What projects are you currently working on?

Lam: Absolutely no one commissioned me to do a comic series called Architecture School Bully, so I just completed that. Now I’m solely focusing on my moss photography.

Lam: Finally, you also recently exhibited as part of a group show, can you tell me more about this?

Lam: My photo-tees were part of Hers, an exhibit for VUWSA’s Women’s Week. I was flattered to be included in such a talented group, much kudos to the Women’s Group for organising the event.

Lam: I believe you encouraged visitors to sniff the t-shirts? What was this about?

Lam: The t-shirts featured photographs that I claimed had smells captured within them.

Lam: Did they?

Sharon attempts to wink.

View Sharon Lam’s moss photography at mossandme.tumblr.com