October 7, 2015 | by  | in News Online Only Splash |

Turns out there wasn’t a bomb LOL

Police have now officially concluded their search in the University’s Murphy buildings having found no suspicious items.

According to a Police statement, “a note threatening the detonation of a bomb in the Murphy building was discovered”.

As a result, students were escorted from class and Kelburn Parade was cordoned off.

One student told Salient that “campus security burst into the class” and appeared “super concerned that we leave now”.

“Police were insistent that we move as far away from Murphy as possible…police were directing traffic and telling us to get up Kelburn Parade as quick as possible and as far as possible. No one knew what was going on because no one told us anything other than to move” the student said.

“Based on the information available, police are confident that any potential threat was localised to the Murphy building”, but “investigations into identifying the person who made the threat will continue” the Police stated.

Although Murphy and Kelburn Parade which were previously evacuated are now accessible, lectures and tutorials in Murphy have been cancelled for the rest of the day.

The threat comes two days after a gun threat aimed at the University of Otago was made on the social networking site 4chan.

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop