This is literary so great

On 14 November Wellington will play host to its second city-wide LitCrawl with our very own Vic Books among one of its sponsors.

The self-professed “celebration of art, literature and spoken word performances” based on San Francisco’s LitCrawl Festival will feature over 80 writers from New Zealand, Wellington and overseas.

Last year’s inaugural LitCrawl attracted over 2000 people from all over the region. Due to popular demand and positive feedback, organisers have put it together for another year.

The day long programme is separated into three sessions, each containing a variety of speakers and literature.

The three parts are held in 15 different venues all over the city, from large stores to tiny book shops. The venues include the City Gallery, Arty Bees Bookshop, the Wellington Chocolate Factory, Six Barrel Soda and Meow.

VicBooks is a sponsor of the event this year, and a spokesperson said the store was always interested in being involved in the event.

“Clare and Andrew [the event’s founders] approached us about this event in mid-2014, and we were interested immediately… we knew when we sponsored this event we would be supporting a wider community that we’re passionate about”.

Entry to LitCrawl sessions is by donation. VicBooks said “taking part in these events will expose university students to a wide network of readers and writers alike”.

“Events like these develop the creative capital that is a vital part of the fabric of Wellington.”

If you want get involved, donate or just want more information head to litcrawl.co.nz.

10. International Queer in Review