February 28, 2016 | by  | in Being Well Opinion |

Being Well

He aha te mea nui o te ao
What is the most important thing in the world?

He tangata, he tangata, he tangata
It is the people, it is the people, it is the people

The above whakataukī is a perfect way to introduce the people of Mauri Ora on the Kelburn Campus. The people of Mauri Ora include: administrators, clinical psychologists, counsellors, a dermatologist (medical skin specialist), doctors / general practitioners (GPs for short), an endocrinologist (medical diabetes specialist), health-care assistants, nurses including a mental health nurse and a wellbeing nurse, physiotherapists, a psychiatrist (medical mental health specialist), a psychotherapist, and of course, receptionists.

There are some important people missing. Do you know who they are? Tauira! Students! Because without tauira the team at Mauri Ora is incomplete.

If you would like to see any of the people at Mauri Ora contact one of our friendly and knowledgeable receptionists who will arrange an appointment to talk about your health. Call (04) 463 5308 or visit Mauri Ora on Level One of the Student Union Building. We also have appointments available at Student Services Te Taunaki on the mezzanine floor of Rutherford House on the Pipitea campus. The telephone for Te Taunaki is (04) 463 7474.

As well as the team at Mauri Ora, there are many people and services available on campus and in the residential halls to provide help and advice. Visit any Victoria Info Ihonui location for guidance, and ask questions about anything to do with Victoria, including student services.  Other people to meet on campus include the people at VUWSA, who provide support, advocacy, and advice for tauira.

Mauri Ora will have a fun and informative table including displays at clubs week in the hub on the Kelburn Campus on Tuesday the 1st, Wednesday the 2nd, and Thursday the 3rd of March, between 11.00am and 2.00pm.  Drop by as it would be great to meet you.

When we all help each other on campus everything will be ka pai.

1. Larger Than Life — Chris Rex Martin & Tainui Tukiwaho
  2. Manaia — Atamira Dance Company
  3. Philosoraptor
  4. The Basement Tapes
  5. Three Days in the Country
  6. Wonder Woman (2017)
  7. The 2017 Budget — what it means for students
  8. Interview with Gareth Morgan
  9. The Bubble
  10. The battle you never asked for: Chasing Liberty vs. First Daughter

Go Watch TV: Rick and Morty and Secular Humanism

: - SPONSORED - Writers and critics have praised Rick and Morty for its sharp character writing and absurdist take on sci-fi tropes, and I count myself in that number. But there is a mounting backlash against it that I can’t help but pick a bone with. On one of the many, many pop